IT Product Lawyer
Genesis is one of the largest Internet companies in the world operating both in the developed Western markets and fast-growing African and Asian markets:
- 120 million unique users per month on all of its sites and apps, and growing;
- the most prominent Internet media company in Africa and Kazakhstan;
- one of the largest social discovery & dating businesses in the world;
- more than 600 employees in 9 offices all over the world;
Genesis is looking for an IT Product Lawyer for its fast-growing business in the sector of social discovery oriented at the U.S. and EU markets. The successful candidate will be instrumental in ensuring compliance of the company's online solutions with U.S. and EU laws, regulations and guidelines as well as ensuring that the company's practices are fair towards the consumers. The candidate's focus areas will include marketing, personal data protection, consumer protection, payments, U.S. export controls, etc.
The successful candidate will have exceptional opportunities for professional growth and will report to the Chief Legal Officer of Genesis. This is a chance for a talented person with a legal background to build a career within a large international IT company.
- excellent academic credentials;
- 2+ years of relevant working experience;
- fluent English;
- motivation to work hard and learn quickly;
- outstanding drafting and legal research skills;
- a keen eye for detail;
- strong communication skills, ability to stand ground;
- project management experience and ability to complete complex turnkey tasks.
- advise on compliance of the company's IT products and business practices with applicable laws in the company's markets of operations;
- cooperate with the Group's lawyers in implementing legal compliance projects;
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and a short letter in English describing why you are a good fit for this vacancy.
- focus on results rather than processes;
- salary review based on your personal achievements, rather than calendar dates;
- exceptional opportunities for professional growth: in-house training sessions and seminars, a corporate library, English lessons, participation in key IT events around the world;
- interesting and challenging tasks, a strong and enthusiastic team - the opportunity for knowledge sharing, learning and professional development;
- convenient working conditions - flexible working hours, a comfortable office located a 5-minute walk from the Taras Shevchenko metro station, a summer terrace, a fully-equipped music rehearsal room, free lunches in office etc.;
- sports and healthcare - running, swimming, football, basketball and other sports activities supported by the company; a corporate doctor is always ready to help if you feel unwell.